Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus


I think I've said this before, but I am a believer in keeping it simple.  At least that's what I keep reminding myself, lest I spend endless hours in preparation for Singing Time each week, with an additional hour (or so) posting it.  (Not counting the hour -- or so -- spent perusing ideas of others.)

I've also mentioned that I have nary a creative bone in my body.  Every idea shared here is borrowed.  Makes me think that perhaps my re-posting of it, with my own personal spin or take on it, is possibly unnecessary and not as beneficial as I would like to think.

I've ALSO come to the realization that with the various visuals I have made over the past year, I have ENOUGH.  I do not need more.  I do not need to impress the Primary children with my innovative ideas and games (not really mine anyway).  They do not need something new every week.  They wait with anticipation for the old stand-bys, which, when spread out a bit, are more than sufficient to add interest and motivation.

That said, I DID print off a flip chart for I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus.  I cannot take credit for it (original found here), but I made a few modifications to make it work for me.  You can access my slightly revamped version here.

I plan to start teaching it this Sunday, and will most likely use my simplified UNO game.  The children haven't seen it for a while (some not at all), and I think it will work perfectly with this song.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea and fully intend to use it this week with my Primary! I checked out your revamped flip chart and am wondering how you will use this for the UNO game? Will you cut it apart and put the words next to the pictures? The lines seem shorter than usual (meaning they look like they are in landscape orientation on the UNO example, but here they are clearly portrait orientation and so each phrase takes up more lines), so I'm wondering if I misunderstood. Thank you!
    ~Lauren

    ReplyDelete