Monday, October 29, 2012

Oh, What Do You Do in the Autumn Time? {AND} Popcorn Popping Variation



This week the weather couldn't be more perfect around these parts.  I love Fall!

As I was quickly perusing Sugardoodle yesterday in search of something to use for Singing Time, I came across this fun version of an old summer favorite, Oh What Do You Do in the Summertime?  


Thinking I had enough time to get a flip chart together from start to finish, figure out how to present in Singing Time, AND gather any and all necessary accompanying visuals/props, I set out to git 'er done.  I didn't plan for my 11-year-old's meltdown over lost tithing money, nor the phone call from my hubs letting me know that BYD would be after church at our house.

I didn't quite get it finished in time for church, thus on to Plan B.

Here's the link to the flip chart:

Oh, What Do You Do in the Autumn Time?

I think the kids will like the tune familiarity mingled with new, season-appropriate words.


15 (ish) years ago, as I was serving as a Nursery worker, the sister I worked with taught the kids these seasonally-changed lyrics to Popcorn Popping:

I looked out the window and what did I see?
Snowflakes falling on the evergreen tree.
Winter has brought me such a nice surprise:
Snowflakes falling right before my eyes!

I can take an armful, and make a treat:
A great big snowman, that looks so neat!

Yes, it's really so,
As it seems to be:
Snowflakes falling on the evergreen tree.

(I'm sure there are other versions out there, but this is the one I've been singing...)

Btw, the Church has an ever-increasing image library on lds.org.  Be sure to check it out when looking for visuals in Primary... it's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment