Monday, April 30, 2012

Smiles


I'm always posting a day late these days.  Probably because I'm always scrambling at the last minute.  Life is hectic!

I actually spent a ton of time this week working on a choosing poster for Nursery... a new-to-me part of my calling.  Before our ward was split, we had two giant Nurseries, and plenty of people that needed a calling, so Nursery Music Leader was a separate calling from mine.  We no longer have the luxury of many members in need of a calling, and we only have one Nursery (with very young babies children, might I add), requiring necessitating allowing me to stretch myself a little more.  Most of you probably already do the Nursery singing time, and I don't want to come across as whining complaining unwilling, but I came home from church exhausted yesterday.  The most exhausting part of my day:  the last 15 minutes of church with the Nursery.  I'm sure once the children get used to the routine (and get a few more months under their belts, since the majority are in the 18 mo. - 24 mo. range), I won't be spending as much time corralling and then cajoling them to sing.  I would share my completed choosing chart, but literally finished it just in time to head out the door to church, then decided to leave it neatly stacked on top of the Primary cabinets for easy access next week.  I will try to remember to snap a picture of it.

I can share my favorite visual for the song Smiles, though.  I also spent some time getting these put together, but didn't manage to complete them in time for usage this week.  There's always next week, right?  This is my favorite graphic for the song - found in one of the Primary manuals.
You can access the PDF here.

I printed them with various skin colors, then my oh-so-helpful-and-kind daughters helped me do some quick coloring to give them personality.  As you can see, almost usable, but not quite.  All I need to do this week is trim the lamination.  I think I can manage that.


I made enough for each nursery child to use, plus a few extra, since the nursery class continually grows throughout the year.  I plan to use them in Primary, too.  I think the older kids will get a kick out of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment