Sunday, November 27, 2011

Picture a Christmas

It's been a busy week.

I am up SUPER late tonight (yes, I have church at 9am) finishing up a couple of flip charts for some Christmas music.  I totally justify the use of these little babies because:

1)  I've been singing church hymns my entire life (my years are not a few, btw), and I still need help with the words for most songs.  Ya gotta love a hymnal.

2)  It took me 9 years of Primary singing when I was very young to learn and internalize the words of a few select songs, so having words and pictures constantly provided can only be helpful, especially to those kids that are only in their 1st through 6th-or-so year.

3)  Those Primary kids haven't sung these Christmas songs for at least 11 months.

Flip charts are amazing.

Even if I'm up until 2am making them (did I mention it's been a busy week?).

Here are the links for the two I put together this evening:

Picture a Christmas

and

That Night in the Stable

I think tomorrow I will take my nativity set, put stickers on the bottom of each piece with a song on it (or a "you choose"), and let the kids try to complete the scene.  Simple, easy, and all I can do this week ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment