Saturday, December 3, 2011

Fairest Little Jesus Child

I was going to try and figure out the handbells for the song Christmas Bells... but realized that it has a sharp.  I glanced through the Children's Songbook to find a Christmas song that would fit, and found the perfect song (no sharps or flats, fairly short, just a touch of harmony):  Little Jesus


I used the side flaps of the display board I cut off back here.  I thought about taping them together, but think I will keep them separate, so more children can be "helpers."  I plan to have two helpers up front to hold the boards, and 8 children in back to play the bells.  I'm sure it will take some practice, but I think it's going to sound beautiful, even if the Sunbeams are ringing the bells ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous blog!!!!!
    Thanks for sharing all of your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for this. This is one of my favorite Christmas songs. So beautiful in its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete